Monday, April 16, 2012

Thanks, Cheerleader!

Hello! My name is Kelly and I'm a Geek.
That's why this is the geekery. It's where I talk about all the things that  make my heart geek faster.

I've always been a geek... yes, even before being a geek was cool.

Now... I'm still a geek, but I also consider myself a cheerleader.





cheer·lead·er/ˈCHi(ə)rˌlēdər/

Noun:
  1. A person who leads cheers and applause, esp. at a sports event.
  2. An enthusiastic and vocal supporter.


The difference being that I cheer on businesses through design and social media. It makes my heart geek faster knowing that I've helped someone create a successful brand. I love teaching others how to make the most of social media. Nothing makes me happier than when I motivate someone to make their dreams a reality. I want everyone to love their job. I love mine. I want you to love yours.

Today, it was my turn to be motivated by a cheerleader. I can't even tell you how excited I am... how many ideas are flooding my brain. I feel like I could take on the world. Today, my dreams are bigger and badder than ever.

So do you want to know what this cheerleader did to kick me in the ass and make me want to work even harder?

She dissed what I do.

In front of a group of people. I wasn't there to defend myself.

Ouch. And when I say "ouch" I don't mean for me. I mean for her. She only made herself look foolish. Talking crap about another person's business will always come back and bite you in the ass. Don't do it.

She didn't hurt me one bit. She motivated me.

Don't ever let people like that get you down. Turn it around and let it motivate you. Let it make you stronger and better.. and if you need help, email me. I got your back.

Rock on!



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like someone needs a good kick...or two. You don't bash Kelly!!! Whoever you are I hope that the person/people you were talking to know how absolutely FAB Kelly is and let you know it...b/c that's what I would have done. Right after I kicked you in the shin.

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear what you think...