Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Twenty Years

My daughter and I were discussing the fate of a doll. It's a beautiful doll that has seen the light of day maybe 3 times. She lives in a box in Ayden's closet. There are no fond memories attached to the doll other than it was a gift from my dad and that's the only reason we keep it. I told her to save it for her daughter.

She gave me a look.

I said I would hold on to it for her...
until she has a little girl...
in twenty years.

As soon as it was out of my mouth I realized...
in twenty years I'll be sixty.
And I pictured myself
sitting at my desk
sipping my coffee
working
and I liked it.
My instant reaction was one of happiness.
Oh sure... things can and will change.
You never know what will happen.
But right now I'm thrilled with where I am
and in twenty years I want to be just as happy.

They ask the question:
Where do you see yourself in ten years?
I see myself still doing what I love.
I don't dread the mornings...
I look forward to turning on my computer.
I enjoy making new things and meeting new people.
I love helping people with their business...
with their dreams...
so they can maybe look forward every day like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you think...