Thursday, December 20, 2012

3 Tips to Get More Done in Less Time


I've been busy. So busy. Insanely busy. Too busy!

Sound familiar?

The month of December found me spending 16 hours a day in front of my computer.

No time for decorating or baking cookies. No time for taking a drive in the snow. No time for pictures or holiday movies.

No time for cooking. No time for laundry. No time for basic hygiene. ew.

Looking back, what holiday memories did I create so far this year? Just one. One of a grubby mom slaving in front of her computer and ignoring the family.

So what can I do differently?

Get More Done In Less Time

You can't get more time in the day. Time is finite and can't be replaced. When it's gone, it's gone.  But there are things you can do to train yourself to effectively use the time you have.

Focus - One thing at a time. That's it. Give that one idea or project your very best! Don't skimp on your work. You, your clients, your family, and your business deserve better.

Avoid Distractions - Believe it or not, you do not need to check facebook, your email, or twitter every 5 minutes. Set a time every day to check social media, take and return phone calls, and respond to emails.

Stick to a Schedule - Make a schedule, plaster it on the wall above your work space, and stick to it! Yes, I know it's hard. Yes, you'll forget and stray from your schedule. But keep trying. It's YOUR schedule. Alter it. Make it fit your life, then make it a habit. Create your schedule each night and review it in the morning. Set a timer if you have to! I have one set on my computer that reminds me every hour to get up and drink some water. Sometimes I ignore it, but I'm trying.

Take a little time to plan your day and you'll end up getting more done in less time. That means more time for your family. More time for yourself!  More time to create some memories.

Now... I'm going to go bake some cookies! If you have any questions, leave a comment.

Want more info on planning for your business, creating schedules that really work, and setting goals that are reachable? Just enter your email address below and hit the subscribe button for free updates!



2 comments:

  1. Can I just say ... I LOVE reading your blog. It's not so wordy that it feels impossible to get through. You are really succinct and it makes it super enjoyable to get into your world. Love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its really good to know about that, the information and other facts given here are quite considerable and to the point as well would be better to go for it.

    Field Service Management Software

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear what you think...